Dissertation is one important aspect of higher education in which a student has to research on a particular topic of his or her choice depending in the specialization. The quality and the content of the dissertation and significance of the research method that has been followed to reach the conclusion at the end, plays a vital role in the student’s academic career.
Writing a dissertation is a complex task and is separated into several parts which lead to the conclusion step by step. Each of these sections slowly unfolds into the main research part and lead to the end. A dissertation must start an Abstract, then Introduction, methodology, Results, Discussion, Conclusion and finally the reference list.
The methodology is the part where you explain your readers the methods that you have adopted to conduct the research. Even though what kind of research methodology should be followed depends on the field of research, but it is necessary on the part of the students to replicate the exact course of research that has been taken and yet keep the descriptions terse and concise.
Writing a dissertation: 7 tips on the research methodology structure
There is a general structure of research methodology that is followed by most students while writing their dissertations. Following are a few tips that can be observed while writing this particular part of the dissertation or if you’re going to hire someone to write a paper.
- In the methodology structure part it can be useful both for you and your readers if you recapitulate the main problems that you will be researching on.
- It is necessary to convey to the readers that the research methodology that you have followed is thorough and astute and also that you complete understand what could be its implications.
- Make your stand clear and explain each and every detail of the research methodology you followed intricately so that it can be reproduced if required, if there is a need for cross checking the results.
- Justify why you have chosen the specific methodology and that too by providing credible reasons.
- There will always be other types of methodological approach to a problem in the same field. But it will be your task to rationalize why the methods you have chosen are the best and not the rest.
- Make sure the chapter on the methodology structure has been written fluently and in simple language and attach relevant information at the end.
- It should address how much data could be gathered by using your methodology.